Our organisation was founded to help women where the needs are greatest.
We are especially happy to find new volunteers and donors who share our commitment to doing good in the world.
If you are able and willing to help, please contact us. 0721-381008
Achievements of Baraka Women's Center
Since October 2012, the Center has made extraordinary progress assisting women throughout Nairobi. Among the many
- 30,000 face masks produced for COV-19 prevention;
- 5 members employed by the Center in administration and teaching;
- 121 women completed two series of Entrepreneur and Transformational Leadership (E&L) Training; 61 of them (an amazing 50%) now have
- 17 Women’s Table Banking Groups with 584 members organized to access to seed capital for their businesses;
- 10 women trained as Adult Education teachers;
- 36 members completed the Functional Literacy Program;
- 40 registered and 26 completed a Computer Training Course and were certified;
- Over 120 women and men engaged in awareness and planning workshops to address widespread sexual and domestic violence in the
- 80+ women trained in weekly workshops to reduce stress and depression;
- 24 members trained in HIV/AIDS awareness workshops;
- Community screenings for HIV/AIDS and TB provided by MSF and the Ministry of Health;
- BWC members displayed and sold products at four exhibitions sponsored by NGAAF;
- BWC graduates 45 trainees from a five-month Hair and Beauty Skills Training in partnership with NITA.